08 May, 2012

Easy Mexican-Style Lunch






Made this delicious meal for lunch today! It was incredibly flavorful and had so many different textures. I didn't follow any recipe, I just mixed a bunch of things I like together and it surprisingly came out really good! First, I marinated the chicken in 1/4 cup of olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, ground cumin, cayenne red pepper powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper for about 20 min. Chopped up a red pepper, an avocado, made some sweet corn, added pre-diced onions (Wegmans spoils me) and sprinkled some more spices along with lime juice and mixed it all in a bowl. Shredded salsa jack cheese and wrapped all the goodness up in a whole wheat tortilla then drizzled some chipotle ranch dressing on! It was the perfect easy/lazy meal for a rainy afternoon.


red peppers, avocado, onion, corn and spices

chicken on the tortilla


No comments:

Post a Comment