27 June, 2012

DIY: New Deck & Succulent Table


Every summer, me and Tim try and come up with a project we can do together. Last summer, we decided that we had this huge deck that lacked any sort of function or purpose. With a limited budget I came up with an idea that I thought was feasible. We had an old, rotted picnic table in the back yard that no one was using and decided to convert it into a coffee table. To add more liveliness to the table I wanted to add two small "gardens" embedded in the table with succulents. The final product came out better than I could have imagined! We also created extra seating using 3 palettes (free behind any home depot, lowes, etc) which I painted bright green. All the cushions, pillows and my favorite pouf I got from Pier 1, the blue chairs are from Target and the rug is from Bed, Bath and Beyond. Lastly, we purchased a grill and had our friends and family over for a cookout! It was a huge success!




before & after pressure washing.. what a difference! 








No comments:

Post a Comment