29 March, 2012

Covering Up

As the end of senior is fast approaching my morning routine keeps getting shorter and shorter. One of the few products that has made the cut and I rarely leave the house without is concealer. Those wonderful dark circles under my eyes that seemingly get worse and worse are difficult to hide but one product I've found does the trick and I swear by it! 
The Laura Mercier 'Secret Camouflage' is my go to product when any unwanted pimples show up or just to disguise my dark under eye circles. I love that it gives you two colors since 1. your face isn't one uniform shade and 2. different problem's require different shades! I mainly use concealer for the two previously mentioned problems so just some tips that I keep in mind when trying to pick my shades is first, I use a lighter shade then my natural skin tone for under my eyes because it gives more of a lift. Second, when covering pimples I tend to use a little bit darker shade because when light hits the bump the reflection of the light/shadow makes it stand out more. This is why this is the perfect concealer since you get both a lighter and darker shade! 

Here is one of my favorite make-up artists, I love watching her tutorials! This is her's on how to cover up under eye circles (I think she may even mention/use the 'secret camouflage'!):

No comments:

Post a Comment